Re: ugly query slower in 7.3, even slower after vacuum full analyze

От SZŰCS Gábor
Тема Re: ugly query slower in 7.3, even slower after vacuum full analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dear Tom, (or anyone who followed the belowmentioned thread)

I read that thread (more-or-less), but couldn't have noticed the same
symptoms in my analyze output. So, to summarize my reading on this (please
confirm or fix):

* The symptom is the differing width in 7.2 and 7.3

* This causes more hdd work, that takes lots of time (indeed, the hdd was
going crazy)

* The query is probably good as it is; it's 7.3 that's slow (but more
reliable than 7.2) and 7.4 will most likely fix the problem.

If all these are correct, that's enough info to me. Hopefully it'll move
from a Cel333 (the developers' server) to an IBM 2x2.4 Xeon with 5-HDD SCSI
Raid (the business server).

G.