Re: Postgresql Performance on an HP DL385 and SmartArray 642

От Jeff Trout
Тема Re: Postgresql Performance on an HP DL385 and SmartArray 642
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Aug 5, 2006, at 7:10 PM, Steve Poe wrote:

> Has anyone worked with server before. I've read the SmartArray 6i is a
> poor performer, I wonder if the SmartArray 642 adapter would have the
> same fate?

My newest db is a DL385, 6 disks.  It runs very nicely. I have no
issues with the 6i controller.
If you look in the pgsql-performance archives a week or two ago
you'll see a similar thread to
this one - in fact, it is also about a dl385 (but he had a 5i
controller)

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.dellsmartexitin.com/