Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL

От: Stephen Howie
Тема: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  ("Stephen Howie", )
 Re: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  (Richard Huxton, )
 Re: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  ("Stephen Howie", )
  Re: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  ("Nick Fankhauser", )
 Re: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  (Vivek Khera, )
    Re: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  (Bruce Momjian, )
     Re: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  (Vivek Khera, )
 Re: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  ("Stephen Howie", )
  Re: Tunning FreeeBSD and PostgreSQL  (Vivek Khera, )

Tried to search the list but the search wasn't working.

I have a server running strictly PostgreSQL that I'm trying to tune for performance. The specs are

2 X 2.4 Athlon MP processors
2G Reg DDR
FreeBSD 4.8 SMP kernel complied
PostgreSQL 7.3.3
4 X 80G IDE Raid 5

My problem is that I have not totally put my head around the concepts of the shmmax, shmmaxpgs, etc....  As it pertains to my current setup and the shared mem values in postgresql.conf.  I'm looking for a good rule of thumb when approaching this.  Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen Howie

Сообщение: Re: optimizer picks smaller table to drive nested loops?
Сообщение: Re: optimizer picks smaller table to drive nested loops?