Re: postgresql8.0.3/FreeBSD5.4/MIT or HEIMDAL KRB5

От Reko Turja
Тема Re: postgresql8.0.3/FreeBSD5.4/MIT or HEIMDAL KRB5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I am having difficulty compiling postgresql8.0.3 using ports on
> FreeBSD. I
> need to use either MIT or HEIMDAL KRB5 to 'make' it.
> How do I do it? (I am a newbie with make). make --DWITH_MIT_KRB5 etc
> haven't
> worked out.

With many of the ports it's good to read the "Makefile" which is in
directory of the port in question as it usually contains a list of
several of the user tweakable options i.e. "knobs". FreeBSD base install
contains HEIMDAL kerberos so if you have to use MIT version you'll need
to install that first via ports and then link Postgres against it.

With heimdal you'll need a commandline like:

make WITH_HEIMDAL_KRB5=yes

(now and then with some ports you'll have to define the directory where
the kerberos libraries are installed as well)
-Reko