Re: Connections with Tomcat 3.2.4 and PostgreSQL 7.1.3

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Connections with Tomcat 3.2.4 and PostgreSQL 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Justin,

Because Garbage Collection is not a guaranteed process. You have no
guarantee when it is going to run. This could get you into a situation
where you have no more connections and no way to get them.

A much better solution is a pool, then you don't incur the overhead of
starting the connection.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Justin Clift
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 1:46 AM
To: Tony Grant
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org; Hari Yellina
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Connections with Tomcat 3.2.4 and PostgreSQL 7.1.3

Hi Tony,

The java guys here are wondering why it's necessary to explicitely close
the connections to the database in their .jsp's, as the java garbage
collector should do this automatically?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

     - Indira Gandhi

Сообщение: Re: Connections with Tomcat 3.2.4 and PostgreSQL 7.1.3
Сообщение: Re: Connections with Tomcat 3.2.4 and PostgreSQL 7.1.3