Re: insert serial numbers

От Albert Vernon Smith
Тема Re: insert serial numbers
Дата
Re: insert serial numbers  (Sven Willenberger <sven@dmv.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I figured it out myself.  Not TOO difficult.  I was just having a
hard time wading through the documentation before.  Giving the answer
out here, just in case any one else wants to see the solution (not
using reserved words ;-)).

1.  Made function:

CREATE FUNCTION "return_one_id" () RETURNS "trigger" AS '
DECLARE
    my_id bigint;
BEGIN
    select into my_id one_id from one where one_text=NEW.one_text;
    NEW.one_id := my_id;
    return NEW;
    END;
' LANGUAGE "plpgsql"

2. Made trigger:

CREATE TRIGGER return_one_id BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON two FOR EACH
ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE return_one_id()

Voila!

-albert