Re: Increasing RAM for more than 4 Gb. using postgresql

От Nicolai Petri (lists)
Тема Re: Increasing RAM for more than 4 Gb. using postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
This must be a linux'ism because to my knowledge FreeBSD does not keep the
os-cache mapped into the kernel address space unless it have active objects
associated with the data.

And FreeBSD also have a default split of 3GB userspace and 1GB. kernelspace
when running with a default configuration. Linux people might want to try
other os'es to compare the performance.

Best regards,
Nicolai Petri

Ps. Sorry for my lame MS mailer - quoting is not something it knows how to
do. :)