Re: Postgres.exe on windows format on command line that starts the process

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Postgres.exe on windows format on command line that starts the process
Дата
Список pgsql-general

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of bruce@concena.com
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 8:39 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Postgres.exe on windows format on command line that starts the process

In Windows PostgreSQL spawns numerous postgres.exe processes. When you look at the actual command line you see the command that started the process. For example: "c:/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/postgres.exe" "--forkbackend" "1372"

My questions

1. In the example above does 1372 represent a port?
   >>> NO
2. If it is a port then how can I change the ports used OR avoid using certain ports?
 >>>NOT A PORT

Thanks,

Bruce.