Fwd: Backup automation

От Aarni Ruuhimäki / Megative Tmi / KYMI.com
Тема Fwd: Backup automation
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi !

Already solved with a scheduled cron job.

BR,

aarni

Subject: Backup automation
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 03:45:17 +0200
From: Aarni Ruuhimäki / Megative Tmi / KYMI.com <aarni.ruuhimaki@kymi.com>
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org

Hi good folks !

I've been backing up my databases (25 of them now, simple ones, not more than
three tables in any one of them, max 3000 rows and a dozen fields or so, I
try to keep everything as simple as possible) manually via ssh with pg_dump,
works fine, yes, good and great.

There is a way to make the machine do this for me daily/weekly/whatever at a
given time ? With a script, scheduled job or something, preferably to a text
file ?

I tried searching for this in the docs, manual and archives but maybe with
wrong search words.

Feeling still newbie both to linux and PG, could you please point me in the
right direction to do this ?

Running RH 7.1 / 2.4.9-kernel (up2date agent is great !) with PG 7.03.

Again, thanking in advance,

aarni