Re: Syslog

От GB Clark II
Тема Re: Syslog
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 30 November 2001 20:36, Chris Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compile postgresql 7.13 under RedHat 7.2 w/syslog support and using
> the following config:
>
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf
>
> syslog = 1 # range 0-2
> syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
> syslog_ident = 'postgres'
>

> /etc/syslog.conf
>
> local0.*      /var/log/postgresql
>
> Question:
> I found that some message was stored on /var/log/messages instead of
> /var/log/postgresl? What's wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Chris Lee

Hi,

Are you sure they were not in BOTH places?  Most systems will send certain
levels of messages to multiple places at the same time.  In other words if
PostgreSQL sends a WARNING message and your syslog is setup to send WARNINGs
to the console, then they will get sent to both your log file and the console.

Hope it helps.

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek