Re: psql -f backup.out || file too big

От Janning Vygen
Тема Re: psql -f backup.out || file too big
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Samstag, 10. November 2001 02:52 schrieb Jorge Sarmiento:

> I am trying to restore a 2.5 Gb. backup file made using pg_dumpall,
> and I get the "file too big" error message from postgres

Its not a bug in postgres i guess. your filesystem reports an error.
You can use a zip utility like gzip. Just pipe your dump to your
favorite zip programm and zip it on the fly before you write it to
your dump_file.

if it´s still to big use 'split' to split your dump over various
files.

It´s documented in Chapter 8:  8.1.3 Large Databases in "Practical
PostgreSQL" It is not printed yet i think, but its available online.

I can send you a copy of this page per PM if you like.

Janning

--
Planwerk 6 /websolutions
Herzogstraße 86