Re: Index usage question

От Mitch Vincent
Тема Re: Index usage question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The fastest operation for the number of rows returned by the query is
attempted -- granted that it may not always work but an index scan isn't
always the best answer for large sets of data..You actually have more
overhead using an index in some situations.

You said you enter some rows, but how many rows got returned by your query?

Though I'm not sure, PG might not treat that 1 as the integer 1, since it's
in single quotes.. The index was on an integer field, perhaps that is part
of the problem too...

-Mitch