installing on windows XP

От stephenc
Тема installing on windows XP
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

OK, I cannot even get postgresql loaded!

I am trying to load as a server so I can access from other computers on my local network.

I start with postgresql-8.2.msi

I am a little lost when I get to Service configuration. If I just accept the defaults I it says Invalid username specified: unknown user name or bad password.  First I didn’t enter a password and the gui doesn’t have a box labeled username.

Can someone tell me what the Account name and Account domain do and what the might be called?

If I change the Account domain to ‘pg’ it says would I like that account creating (pq\postgres) and moves on.

I complete Initialize database cluster, ticking accept connections.

When I click install (a couple of guis later), I get ‘postgres’ already exists and it rolls back.  OK I done this more than once!

If I do that all again but use psql as the Account name, I get another warning ‘Internal account lookup failure. No mapping between account names and security IDs was done’ and then it rolls back.

Can anyone help me?

Stephen Choularton

0413 545 182