Re: WIP: new system catalog pg_wait_event

От Drouvot, Bertrand
Тема Re: WIP: new system catalog pg_wait_event
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 8/4/23 5:08 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> writes:
>> Now that fa88928470 generates automatically code and documentation
>> related to wait events, why not exposing the wait events description
>> through a system catalog relation?
>
> I think you'd be better off making this a view over a set-returning
> function.  The nearby work to allow run-time extensibility of the
> set of wait events is not going to be happy with a static catalog.

Oh right, good point, thanks!: I'll come back with a new patch version to make
use of SRF instead.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: "Drouvot, Bertrand"
Сообщение: Re: "duplicated" wait events
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node