[ Job opportunity ]

От Ralph Heinkel
Тема [ Job opportunity ]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
JOB POSITION AS POSTGRESQL DBA/PROGRAMMER

Cenix Bioscience GmbH is a biotechnology company located in Dresden,
Germany, and we are focused on the discovery and validation of target genes and
drugs in the field of anti-cancer research. During the last year we have built
our own multi/cross-platform LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
almost totally based on Open Source software: Linux, Python, wxPython, Zope,
PostgreSQL, etc. Our LIMS is used to coodinate, plan, document, and evaluate
biological/genomic data as well as images/movies recorded on light microscopes.

The ideal candidate will have
 - In-depth SQL and DBA experience in PostgreSQL; Sybase is a strong plus
      (we are in the process of converting from Sybase to PostgreSQL)
 - solid database design background
 - strong Linux/Unix knowledge is an asset
 - (object-oriented) programming/scripting experience, preferably Python
 - ability to comunicate and cooperate with software engineers

As we are a multi-national crew the official language in our company is English.
Since our web site (http://www.cenix-bioscience.com) is still a bit under
construction please contact Patricia Kelly at recruit@cenix-bioscience.com if
you need more information about us, or directly submit your application.

Sincerely,

Ralph Heinkel

Ralph Heinkel                  Cenix Bioscience GmbH
IT-Unit Director               Tel  : +49 351 210 1310
Pfotenhauerstr. 108            Fax  : +49 351 210 1309
01307 Dresden, Germany         eMail: rh@cenix-bioscience.com