Re: Are circular REFERENCES possible ?

От Gary Stainburn
Тема Re: Are circular REFERENCES possible ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all,

On Tuesday 07 August 2001  7:35 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> >     The point is that we based our implementation of foreign keys
> >     on the SQL3 specs. DEFERRED is not in SQL-92 AFAIK.
>
> I still have a concern about this --- sure, you can set up the circular
> references using ALTER TABLE, but will pg_dump dump them correctly?

Based on a small example I've done, I'd say yes. This is because pg_dump
doesn't specify the contraints when it creates the tables, it does it at the
end by using 'CREATE CONSTRAINT' commands.

I have a relationship Members -> teams -> regions -> members and it dumped
and restored fine.

Gary

>             regards, tom lane

Gary Stainburn