Re: [INTERFACES] '\' and varchar data type problem w/ MS Access and ODBC driver

От James Oden
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] '\' and varchar data type problem w/ MS Access and ODBC driver
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

>The backslash character '\' seems to cause problems when using the
>varchar
>data type.  MS Access will refuse to update a varchar field if 3
>backslashes
>have been inserted.
If you want litterally three backslashes you may need to massage the data to
add an extra one before each one, so your three back slashes become six back
slashes.  I am just guessing on this, but in postgreSQL's implementation of
SQL (and this may be just a SQL thing) the \ is used as an escape sequence,
much like it is in C.  Someone else on the list earlier had a problem
recreating his databases from a dump because it did have \'s in it....james

От: "Thomas G. Lockhart"
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] '\' and varchar data type problem w/ MS Access a nd ODBC driver
От: Bryan Brunton
Сообщение: List '\' behavior as a bug?