Possible problems with cyclic references

От Gary Stainburn
Тема Possible problems with cyclic references
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all, me again.

I've been looking at the doc's again (must stop doing that!)

I've been looking at the 'references' clause to implement referential
integrity.  My problem is that I'm wanting to create a cyclic reference, and
was wondering what problems this may cause, e.g. when restoring from a
pg_dump.

I have a region table (rregion character(2), rname varchar(40), rliasson
int4).
I have a teams table (ttid int4, tregion character(2) references
region(rregion),...)
I have a members table (mid int4, mteam references teams(tid),.........)

Pretty straight forward so far, a member must be a part of a team and a team
must be in a region.  My problem is that I want to set rliasson as a
reference to members (mid) as the Regional Liasson Officer for each region is
a member.
--
Gary Stainburn

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: