pl/pgsql - code review + question

От Gary Stainburn
Тема pl/pgsql - code review + question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all, I've just written my first pl/pgsql function (code included below for
you to pull apart).

It takes an int4 mid (e.g. 15) and then using a select pulls out the team
number (e.g. 'NE/012' and a unit number (e.g. 2) and returns the full unit
number NE/012-02.

I now want to write the reverse function, where I can enter 'NE/012-02' and
get back the mid 15.  The bit I'm stuck on is now I split the team part from
the member part so that I can build the select statement.

TIA Gary

__BEGIN__
CREATE FUNCTION getunitno(int4) RETURNS varchar  AS '
DECLARE    mid ALIAS FOR $1;    results RECORD;
BEGIN   select into results t.tnumber as tnumber, m.mnumber as mnumber       from teams t, members m       where t.tid
=m.mteam and m.mid = mid;   if results.mnumber < 10 then     return results.tnumber || ''-0'' || results.mnumber;
else    return results.tnumber || ''-'' || results.mnumber;   end if;

END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
__END__

--