Re: Pg on SMP half-powered

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Pg on SMP half-powered
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 05 July 2001 10:51, Víctor Romero wrote:
>  I am running postgresql 7.1 on a SMP Linux box. It runs, but it never pass
> a loadavg of 0.4, no matter how I try to overload the system.

>  The same configuration, the same executable, the same test on a non-SMP
> machine gives a loadavg of 19.

Sounds like a kernel issue.

However, the load average numbers alone are not enough information to get a
benchmark.  You need to benchmark using a benchmark that can generate enough
traffic to load both machines and get good time results for the run of the
standard benchmark queries.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio