Re: Data types

От Mitch Vincent
Тема Re: Data types
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Numeric is just a fixed-precision type, it can handle any number (I guess?)
as long as your realize it will round the number to the precision that it
was originally set up to keep.. For instance :

brw=# create table test (test numeric(9,2));
CREATE
brw=# insert into test values (9.12345);
INSERT 2503213 1
brw=# select * from test;
 test
------
 9.12
(1 row)

brw=# insert into test values (9.149);
INSERT 2503214 1

brw=# select * from test;
 test
------
 9.12
 9.15
(2 rows)

So just about any type is an OK match, as long as the above behavior is
realized and expected.

Good luck!

-Mitch