are NEW and OLD rule attributes broken?

От Forest Wilkinson
Тема are NEW and OLD rule attributes broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
(Postgres 7.0.3, linux kernel 2.4.2, i386, red hat 7.1)

I'm trying to build rules to automatically populate several tables with
references to any new rows inserted into a primary key table.  The primary
key is a sequence.  Here's what's going on:

mydb=# create table foo (fooid serial primary key, foonote text);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence 'foo_fooid_seq' for
SERIAL column 'foo.fooid'
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'foo_pkey' for
table 'foo'
CREATE

mydb=# create table bar (fooid integer references foo (fooid) deferrable
initially deferred, barnote text);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY
check(s)
CREATE

mydb=# create rule brule as on insert to foo do insert into bar (fooid,
barnote) values ( new.fooid, 'blah');
CREATE 30351 1
mydb=# begin;
BEGIN

mydb=# insert into foo (foonote) values ('test row');
INSERT 30353 1

mydb=# select * from foo;fooid | foonote
-------+----------    2 | test row
(1 row)
mydb=# select * from bar;fooid | barnote
-------+---------    1 | blah
(1 row)
mydb=# commit;
ERROR:  <unnamed> referential integrity violation - key referenced from bar
not found in foo

What's going on here?  My rule inserted a new row into bar, but the fooid
it used was not the new value inserted into foo.  It looks like my rule is
inserting "nextval('foo_fooid_seq')" into the bar table, rather than
inserting the new primary key from the foo table.  Is this the intended
behavior?  How can I get the result I want?

Cheers,

Forest

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: