Re: Address already in use?

От Yann Ramin
Тема Re: Address already in use?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Simply remove /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.  Its safe to do this in a startup script.
Postgres isn't too good about removing its UNIX socket if it has a
semi-nonclean shutdown (system reboot among other things).

Yann

On Thursday 12 April 2001 08:20 pm, Justin S. wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Alright, I've installed PostgreSQL 7.0.3 succesfully, but I still have a
> problem. When I try starting the PostgreSQL server, using the following
> command:
>
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
>
> I get the following error:
>
> FATAL: StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Address already in use
>         Is another postmaster already running on that port?
>         If not, remove socket node (/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432) and retry.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Justin Stayton
> CometFly Media, LLC.
> jstayton@cometfly.com

- --

Yann Ramin            atrus@atrustrivalie.org
Atrus Trivalie Productions    www.redshift.com/~yramin
AIM                oddatrus
Marina, CA            http://profiles.yahoo.com/theatrus

IRM/IRT Developer               DVfootage.com developer
SNTS Developer                  KLevel Developer

When smashing monuments, save the pedstals -- they always come in handy.
        -- Stanislaw J. Lem, "Unkempt Thoughts"

Nothing succeeds like excess.
    - Winston Churchill

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical
universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step
beyond logic.
    - Muad'Dib (Dune, Frank Herbert)