Re: postgres 7.0.3 on FreeBSD 3.4

От Yann Ramin
Тема Re: postgres 7.0.3 on FreeBSD 3.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general

You'll have to do a clean kernel recompile.  Make sure you set 'maxusers' in
your kernel config file to 128 or higher. Information on compiling your own
kernel can be found in the FreeBSD Handbook.

On Tuesday 03 April 2001 02:37 pm, Michal Taborsky \(newsmaster\) wrote:
> I have a web server running FreeBSD 3.4. I installed postgres 7.0.3 and
> tried to run not too large database (200k records, 20MB in size) accessed
> via PHP. I keep getting this i my logfile:
> syslogd: /var/run/utmp: Too many open files in system
>
> I have filelimit set to 5000, so I think it should be sufficient. Where to
> look further ?
>
> Thanks,
> WHiZZ

- --

Yann Ramin            atrus@atrustrivalie.org
Atrus Trivalie Productions    www.redshift.com/~yramin
AIM                oddatrus
Marina, CA            http://profiles.yahoo.com/theatrus

IRM/IRT Developer               DVfootage.com developer
SNTS Developer                  KLevel Developer

When smashing monuments, save the pedstals -- they always come in handy.
        -- Stanislaw J. Lem, "Unkempt Thoughts"

Nothing succeeds like excess.
    - Winston Churchill

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical
universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step
beyond logic.
    - Muad'Dib (Dune, Frank Herbert)