RE: Postgres - trouble starting it - solved and SUM of what I did

От Lars Forseth
Тема RE: Postgres - trouble starting it - solved and SUM of what I did
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi!
This is my little sum of what I did to get postgres to start up. First,
thanks to tosi (suse-linux-e list) and Aarni Ruuhhimki (pgsql-novice list).

First, from Tosi I got this little hint:
"In SuSE 7.0, there was an error in the /etc/init.d/postgres script.
Replace "~postgres/data" with "/var/lib/pgsql/data" and your'e go :-)
-tosi"

So I edited this file; but first I had trouble finding it until I discovered
it in  /etc/rc.d/init.d/. And there it was; ~postgres/data; changed that into
/var/lib/pgsql/data.

From Aarni I got this hint:
"You have run initdb ?
e.g.
initdb -r /usr/share/pgdata --pglib /usr/lib/pgsql
vbrgds,
aarni"

At first I could not get this to work, but when I reformatted this command to
initdb /var/lib/pgsql/data --pglib /usr/lib/pgsql ; and IMPORTANT ran it as
user postgres, with postgres as owner of the /var/lib/pgsql/data dir; THEN
the whole thing ran and created my template1 database + datadir for postgres!

Then as root i ran "rcpostgres start"; and postgres restartet!

So now I can conect to postgres, create databases etc.

A wish; this should have been noted somewhere on SuSE's suportdatabase. Maybe
they could make a kind of "open source" page (;-)) where people could post
this kind of thing! Then perhaps this kind of problems and the solutions to
them could be spread more efficiently!

Regards Larsf

--
Lars Forseth

Сообщение: Authentication against /etc/passwd?