Re: More on elog and error codes

От Christopher Sawtell
Тема Re: More on elog and error codes
Дата
Re: More on elog and error codes  (Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:56, you wrote:
> I've looked at the elog calls in the source, about 1700 in total (only

[ ... ]

> So we need some good error numbering scheme.  Any ideas?

Just that it might be a good idea to incorporate the  version / release
details in some way so that when somebody on the list is squeaking about
an error message it is obvious to the helper that the advice needed is to
upgrade from the Cretatious Period version to a modern release, and have
another go.

--
Sincerely etc.,
NAME       Christopher SawtellCELL PHONE 021 257 4451ICQ UIN    45863470EMAIL      csawtell @ xtra . co . nzCNOTES