Re: problems with startup script on upgrade

От Martin A. Marques
Тема Re: problems with startup script on upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
El Vie 16 Mar 2001 19:35, Tom Lane escribió:
> "Martin A. Marques" <martin@math.unl.edu.ar> writes:
> > Now, libz.so is in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH of the postgres user, so why is it
> > that Solaris doesn't load the .profile in the postgres directory.
>
> Ah, but is the LD_LIBRARY_PATH the same inside that su?  A change of
> environment might explain why this works "by hand" and not through su

This #$^%^*$%¤ Solaris!!!!!!
Check this out, and tell me I shouldn't yell out at SUN:

root@ultra31 / # su - postgres -c 'echo $PATH'
/usr/bin:
root@ultra31 / # su - postgres
postgres@ultra31:~ > echo $PATH

/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/gcc/bin:/usr/local/php/bin:/opt/sfw/bin:/usr/local/a2p/bin:/usr/local/sql/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/dbs/postgres/bin:
postgres@ultra31:~ > logout
root@ultra31 / #

Can someone explain to why Solaris is doing that, and why did it start doing
it after an upgrade? I have no words.

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told me I had to do it.