Re: database died

От Martin A. Marques
Тема Re: database died
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
El Mié 14 Mar 2001 12:02, Tom Lane escribió:
> "Martin A. Marques" <martin@math.unl.edu.ar> writes:
> > CheckPoint Data Base: fork failed: Not enough space
> > [ whereupon postmaster quits ]
> >
> > Any idea on this? I think the the postmaster shouldn't die, at least it's
> > what I first thought.
>
> I agree.  Dying if the startup subjob fails is one thing, but dying
> because a routine checkpoint fails is another.  The code is treating
> those two cases alike however ... will change it.

Just happend again. At this moment the postgres on that machine is not in
production, but should be in a short future. Is there a chance of getting
some kind of patch, or maybe changing some configuratin parameters of the OS
or the postmaster?
I'm getting to feel the pain on the back that one can get with Solaris.

Thanks for the feed back.

Saludos... :-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.