Re: problem with fe/be protocol and large objects

От Denis Perchine
Тема Re: problem with fe/be protocol and large objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 12 March 2001 03:24, Eric Marsden wrote:
> I am trying to debug my socket-level interface to the backend, which
> implements the 6.4 protocol. It works for general queries, but I have
> a problem with large objects.
>
> lo_create and lo_unlink seem to work OK; I get an oid which looks ok
> and there is a corresponding xinv??? file in the base/ directory.
> lo_open returns 0 as a file descriptor. However, following up with one
> of the other lo functions which take descriptor arguments (such as
> lo_write or lo_tell) fails with
>
>    ERROR:  lo_tell: invalid large object descriptor (0)

You should do ANY operations with LOs in transaction.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp@perchine.com
HomePage: http://www.perchine.com/dyp/
FidoNet: 2:5000/120.5

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Re: Performance monitor'
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL on multi-CPU systems