Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice

От Evgeny Morozov
Тема Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/05/2023 6:39 am, Kirk Wolak wrote:
It could be as simple as creating temp tables in the other database (since I believe pg_class was hit).
We do indeed create temp tables, both in other databases and in the ones being tested. (We also create non-temp tables there.)

Also, not sure if the OP has a set of things done after he creates the DB that may help?

Basically we read rows from the source database, create some partitions of tables in the target database, insert into a temp table there using BULK COPY, then using a regular INSERT copy from the temp tables to the new partitions.

Now that the probem has been reproduced and understood by the PG developers, could anyone explain why PG crashed entirely with the "PANIC" error back in April when only specific databases were corrupted, not any global objects necesary for PG to run? And why did it not crash with the "PANIC" on this occasion?