Re: compiling 7.1-beta1

От Martin A. Marques
Тема Re: compiling 7.1-beta1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
El Jue 18 Ene 2001 15:15, Tom Lane escribió:

> > The other question is if I have to do something special (dump and
> > restore) when upgrading from 7.1-beta1 to 7.1-final (or any of the other
> > betas)?
>
> You will need an initdb to go from beta1 to beta3.  Sorry about that;
> we try to avoid forced initdb after beta cycle starts, but sometimes
> it's not possible.
>
> You might want to skip testing beta1 and just start with beta3, or even
> a current nightly snapshot.

Well, my problem was that a downgrade had to be made to the only Solaris8
SPARC back to Solaris7, and postgres broke. So I recompiled it, in a new
directory, and copied the data directory to the new postgres instaltion
directory, but when I connect with pgaccess to and db, I see the postgres
tables (like pg_aggregate, pg_group, pg_scripts, pg_trigger, etc). Did I do
something wrong? Any way to fix it?

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.