Newbie questions

От Frank Morton
Тема Newbie questions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
These are probably simple questions, but I can't find the answer.
A source for finding answers to this type of questions would
be appreciated.

Question #1

If a select might match MANY rows, how can I limit it to say 50?

I thought you could do:

select * from table limit 50;

Question #2

In doing a select, is there a way to ignore if the case of the key?

For example, if I have a table called animals with an id column and
it might contain "dog" or "DOG" or "Dog" and I want to match all
of them, how do I do it, with or without the "like" operator?

I'd like to say:

select * from animals where id='dogs' ignore case;

How do I do this?

Thanks you for your patience.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: