Stored Proc error after modifying field type

От Együd Csaba
Тема Stored Proc error after modifying field type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I've a problem with some of my stored procs. My config is: RH7.1, Postgres
7.3.2

I have converted a few fields of a few tables from one type to another.
After this I made all the necessary changes on the functions and recreated
all my types and functions. (Actually I recreated the whole database later
from a dump.) It seemd to be all right, but some functions won't work
anymore. I call them from a windows client program (Delphi via BDE) and I
call all my stored procedures in the same way. Other functions work properly
but these ones.

The error message says, that there is no such a function and it recognises
the text type parameters as "unknown" and suggests to explicitly cast them.
ERROR:  Function addincominginvoice(integer, integer, "unknown", "unknown",
"unknown", "unknown", integer, "unknown", "unknown", "unknown", "unknown",
double precision) does not exist
Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument types
You may need to add explicit typecasts
My functions header is:
create or replace function "addincominginvoice" (int, int, text, text, text,
text, int, text, text, text, text, decimal) returns integer as' ...

In Delphi's BDE StoredProcedure comonent I can't add any typecasts to the
parameters and with the remaining part of my procdures it's not even
necessary.

Should anybody suggest me something about this problem.

Thanks a lot,

-- Csaba

---