Re: Views- Advantages and Disadvantages

От Ashish Karalkar
Тема Re: Views- Advantages and Disadvantages
Дата
Re: Views- Advantages and Disadvantages  (Ragnar <gnari@hive.is>)
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Andrej
for your replay

I have found out some of them n are as follows, but  I want more reasons
for not using views . I only got one

Advantages:

      1)  Permission to user can be given to access the database only
through view containing specific data the user is authorized to see

      2)       View  convert multiple table queries into single table
queries

3)       Views give personalized view

4)       Views provide consistent unchanged image even if the underlying
table columns changed.

 Disadvantages:

1)      Performance : If a view is defined by complex multitable query,then
simple query against that view becomes a coplecated join, and it may take a
long time to complete