Re: [HACKERS] AlterUserStmt anmd RoleSpec rules in grammar.y

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] AlterUserStmt anmd RoleSpec rules in grammar.y
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/26/17 11:29, Tom Lane wrote:
> You'll notice that that statement fails in the regression tests:
>
> ALTER USER ALL SET application_name to 'SLAP';
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "ALL"
>
> The one that works is
>
> ALTER ROLE ALL SET application_name to 'SLAP';
>
> and the reason is that AlterRoleSetStmt has a separate production
> for ALL, but AlterUserSetStmt doesn't.  This seems a tad bizarre
> though.  Peter, you added that production (in commit 9475db3a4);
> is this difference intentional or just an oversight?  If it's
> intentional, what's the reasoning?

That looks like a bug to me.  ALTER USER also does not support the IN
DATABASE clause, so the code deviation might have started there already.

I propose the attached patch to clean this up.

For backpatching, I could develop some less invasive versions.