Re: Maybe Basic Questions ....

От Hiroshi Saito
Тема Re: Maybe Basic Questions ....
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dear Joao.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joao" <joao@inforap.pt>

> Hello,
>
> I'm New in PostGreSQL so I couldn't yet do much things with this DB.
>
> My Problem is the folwing...
>
> I've a Linux (RedHat 8.0) with PGSQL preinstalled.
> The Questions ?
> 1 - Who to connect to database via ODBC or PGAdmin2.
(snip)
> - The server is not listening on a TCP/IP port. Make sure that the
> postmaster was started with the -i option, or that tcpip_socket = true is
> set in $PGDATA/postgresql.conf.
> --------------------------------------
> Note : I'Have Comunication getween to computers...(whats wrong ?)
>
> (If I Execute PSQL in Linux it runs OK but i dont know the database name)

Did you see the establishment of "pg_hba.conf"?
It will be able to restrict a data base and owner's connection.

> 2 - Who I Create a new database?

If authority is given to you, it will be able to be realized with pgadmin2.
It is possible if you are made as follows.
CREATE USER "Joao" CREATEDB;

> 3 - I've downloaded the PGSQL 7.3.3 to install/Upgrade in RH8 but the
> message appears :
(snip)
> erro: Failed dependencies:
>         libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.2) is needed by
postgresql-pl-7.3.3-1PGDG
>         postgresql < 7.3 conflicts with postgresql-server-7.3.3-1PGDG
>
> Any Idea about this ??

see
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2003-06/msg00005.php

> 4 - Last Questions
>     - What Platforms are supported by PostGreSQL ?
>     - This Database Run in Windows with some stange way (whats that ?)

It is possible by cygwin supported by a formula.

see

Regards,
Hiroshi-Saito