Odp: Huge view file

От Łukasz Skowroński
Тема Odp: Huge view file
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> >     I created a view named some_view. Postgresql behaves quite strange
> > because it creates some_view file which has almost 600 MB.
>
> Uh ... what PG version is this?  In recent releases views don't even
> *have* any associated file.

Hi Tom!   It is PG 7.0.2-17. This problem doesn't concern me personally, I can't
even repeat it - everything works fine for me. I was just asked to solve it.
Well, we would like our application to be compatible with PG 7.0 so I need
to track this behaviour. Do you have a clue when PG could write anything to
a view file and where I can find it in source tree?

Best Regards,   Luke