WAL status & todo

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема WAL status & todo
Дата
WAL and indexes (Re: WAL status & todo)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Well, hopefully WAL will be ready for alpha testing in a few days.
Unfortunately
at the moment I have to step side from main stream to implement new file
naming,
the biggest todo for integration WAL into system.

I would really appreciate any help in the following issues (testing can
start regardless
of their statuses but they must be resolved anyway):

1. BTREE: sometimes WAL can't guarantee right order of items on leaf pages   after recovery - new flag BTP_REORDER
introducedto mark such pages.   Btree should be changed to handle this case in normal processing mode.

2. HEAP: like 1., this issue is result of attempt to go without compensation
records   (ie without logging undo operations): it's possible that sometimes in
redo   there will be no space for new records because of in recovery we don't   undo changes for aborted xactions
immediately- function like BTREE'

_bt_cleanup_page_   required for HEAP as well as general inspection of all places where
HEAP' redo ops   try to insert records (initially I thought that in recovery we'll undo
changes immediately   after reading abort record from log - this wouldn't work for BTREE:
splits must be   redo-ne before undo).
3. There are no redo/undo for HASH, RTREE & GIST yet. This would be *really
really   great* if someone could implement it using BTREE' redo/undo code as
prototype.   These are the most complex parts of this todo.

Probably, something else will follow later.

Regards,
Vadim