Re: Distant mirroring

От Fernando Hevia
Тема Re: Distant mirroring
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

You must try to partition that table. It should considerably speed up your
inserts.

> So I need a solution to be able to 1st supporting more
> transaction, secondly I need to secure the data, and being
> able to load balancing the charge.
>
> Please, give me any advise or suggestion that can help me.

Have you taken into consideration programming a solution on BerkeleyDB? Its
an API that provides a high-performance non-SQL database. With such a
solution you could achieve several thousands tps on a much smaller hardware.
You could use non-work hours to dump your data to Postgres for SQL support
for reporting and such.

Regards,
Fernando

Сообщение: Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server
Сообщение: Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server