Re: TODO question

От Pavlo Baron
Тема Re: TODO question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> My inclination would be to twiddle the order of operations so that the
> Default node is spotted and intercepted before being fed to
> transformExpr.  This would probably mean doing some surgery on
> transformTargetList.

Why transformTargetList? The comment above this function says that it's
indiffernet if there is a SELECT or INSERT or an other stmt. being parsed -
the expressions are just to be transformed? Woudn't it break this
indifference if I add a new branch handling with the Default node to this
function? Or is it uncritical if I simply add it without any distinction of
what stmt. is being parsed? Could it become a problem later if the Default
node is reused by some other stmt.?

rgds
Pavlo Baron

Сообщение: Re: LWLock contention: I think I understand the problem
Сообщение: Re: LWLock contention: I think I understand the problem