Re: Load distributed checkpoint

От Takayuki Tsunakawa
Тема Re: Load distributed checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
----- Original Message -----
From: "Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at>
To: "Takayuki Tsunakawa" <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com>; "ITAGAKI
Takahiro" <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp>
> > Yes, I used half the size of RAM as the shared buffers, which is
> > reasonable.  And I cached all the data.

> For pg, half RAM for shared_buffers is too much. The ratio is good
for
> other db software, that does not use the OS cache.

What percentage of RAM is recommended for shared buffers in general?
40%?  30%?  Or, is the general recommendation like "According to the
amount of your data, this much RAM should be left for the kernel
cache.  But tha's the story on Linux.  It may be different for other
OSes."?
Hmm,  if it is so, it sounds hard for system designers/administrators
to judge.