Re: insert

От gnari
Тема Re: insert
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
From: "G u i d o B a r o s i o" <gbarosio@uolsinectis.com.ar>:

> As I see it's 100 inserts every 5 minutes, not only 100 inserts.
>
> Sure it's extreme for only 100 inserts.

I am sorry, I do not quite grasp what you are saying.
my understanding was that there are constantly new inserts,
coming in bursts of 100 , every 5 minutes.
I imagined that the indexes were needed in between.

if this is the case, the bunches of 100 inserts should
be done inside a transaction (or by 1 COPY statement)

if, on the other hand, the inserts happen independently,
at a rate of 100 inserts / 5 minutes, then this will not help

gnari