RE: [HACKERS] LONG

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] LONG
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

If CTIDs are needed it isn't worth the work,I think.
I don't understand why the reference "secondary" to "primary"  is
needed. As far as I see,VACUUM doesn't need the reference.
> > What is wrong with separate VACUUM ?
> > VACUUM never changes OIDs and XIDs(after MVCC).
>
> I believe VACUUM does assign its own XID to tuples that it moves,

AFAIK,vacuum never changes XIDs because MVCC doesn't allow
it.  Vadim changed to preverve XIDs between VACUUM before MVCC.
Vadim used CommandId instead to see whether VACUUM succeeded
or not.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] generic LONG VARLENA
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] generic LONG VARLENA