Re: Update question

От Fay Du
Тема Re: Update question
Список pgsql-sql

From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:34 PM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Update question

>> Table cost
>>
>> Id  edge_id    cost
>> 1       30         101.4
>> 2       30          null
>> 3       40          500.2
>> 4       40           null
>> 5        45          300.7
>> 6        45           null
>
>> I want to set cost value with same edge_id by same value. The
existing
>> values are calculated by calling a function (calculate edge length).
>> can calculate the value by same function, but the function was slow.
>> wander if I can use update statement to set the second value with
same
>> edge_id. Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> It should go like:
>
> UPDATE cost SET edge_id = (SELECT cost FROM cost innr WHERE
innr.edge_id
> = edge_id AND innr.cost is not null) WHERE cost is null;
>
> HTH,
> Marku

This is ok, but this is redundant, i guess. you should put edge_id and
cost into another table and use join to retrieve cost for each id.
put a key on edge_id, most likely a primary (unique) key.

--
Üdvözlettel,
Gábriel Ákos

TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate      subscribe-nomail command to
majordomo@postgresql.orgso that your      message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: