Re: modifying the table function

От Islam Hegazy
Тема Re: modifying the table function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi again

It seems now that I am one step away from the end. So far I have succeeded
in returing row by row from the backend to the frontend, knew this from
debugging.

Now comes the point of displaying them directly not to wait till the end of
the query. These are the steps I took:

1) redefined 'PrintQueryResults' in common.c to be extern (not static as the
initial definition) to be able to use it elsewhere
2) added a declaration for ''PrintQueryResults' in common.h, to tell other
files about it
3) removed 'PrintQueryResults' invocation from 'SendQuery' common.c
4) added #include "../bin/psql/common.h" to fe-exec.c
5) called 'PrintQueryResults' from within 'PQexecFinish', last statment in
the while loop

when I gmake the project I receive the following error:
"
../../../src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.so: undefined reference to
`PrintQueryTuples'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[3]: *** [initdb] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/grads/imehegaz/postgresql-8.2.3-b/src/bin/initdb'
"

I wonder what does this error mean and how to solve it?

Regards
Islam Hegazy