Re: [PERFORM] OFFSET impact on Performance???

От Andrei Bintintan
Тема Re: [PERFORM] OFFSET impact on Performance???
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Now I read all the posts and I have some answers.

Yes, I have a web aplication.
I HAVE to know exactly how many pages I have and I have to allow the user to
jump to a specific page(this is where I used limit and offset). We have this
feature and I cannot take it out.

>> > SELECT * FROM tab WHERE col > ? ORDER BY col LIMIT 50
Now this solution looks very fast, but I cannot implement it, because I
cannot jump from page 1 to page xxxx only to page 2. Because I know with
this type where did the page 1 ended. And we have some really complicated
where's and about 10 tables are involved in the sql query.

About the CURSOR I have to read more about them because this is my first
time when I hear about.
I don't know if temporary tables are a solution, really I don't think so,
there are a lot of users that are working in the same time at the same page.

So... still DIGGING for solutions.

Andy.