Re: [GENERAL] VM-Ware Backup of VM safe?

От Klaus P. Pieper
Тема Re: [GENERAL] VM-Ware Backup of VM safe?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

When you run MS SQL Server on Hyper-V / Windows, the SQL Server provides ist own VSS writer responding to a taking a
snapshot.This ensures that the image oft he SQL database is in a safe stake when the backup is written.

I am not sure about VM-Ware, but in any case I don't think that PostgreSQL provides anything similar to a VSS writer
(neitheron Windows nor on Linux), so the answer is most likely "no, it is not safe".

Regards, Klaus

---