Re: pg9 replication over WAN ?

От mark
Тема Re: pg9 replication over WAN ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Works for us between the middle of the US and the UK. This on some databases
that do a few gig of log files per day.

I keep a large number of wal_keep_segments because I have the disk capacity
for it and the initial rsync takes a while at ~2-4MB/s.

You may find you need to tune the tcp-keep alive settings, but I am not sure
if that was really a change in the setting or a fix to our load balancers
that fixed an issue I was seeing.

Overall I am extremely pleased with streaming replication + read only hot
standby.

-Mark