Re: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY check(s) ?

От Gregory Wood
Тема Re: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY check(s) ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Can anyone tell me what this notice means?
>
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY
> check(s) ?

It means that PostgreSQL will automatically create triggers to perform your
foreign key checks :)

Seriously though, PostgreSQL has to have some mechanism to check that your
foreign key values exist (or not), and it does that by using a feature
already built into PostgreSQL: triggers. Nothing you really need to worry
about unless you are doing something fancy (for instance, disabling all
triggers on either table to accomplish some action... in such a case your
foreign key relationship might be broken).

Greg

Сообщение: Re: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY check(s) ?
Сообщение: Re: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY check(s) ?