Postgres Function Proble

От Sandeep Chibber
Тема Postgres Function Proble
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I am Sandeep Chibber from vReach Solutions. We are using postgres functions
with java beans. There is no problem with simple postgres functions which
have Simple select statements WITHOUT where clause. But when we have sql
statements in the  postgres function in which WHERE clause is used ,then we
have problem of passing values to the WHERE clause.Like in the following
function,how to pass values to $1 an $2 through my java program. In DB2 we
use CallableStatement.setString(1,"user_id) to set values to user_id of
string(varchar) datatype. Postgres has some other way ,which we are not able
to locate.

CREATE FUNCTION tester7 ( varchar, varchar ) returns setof ICDN_EVENTREG as
'  SELECT * FROM    ICDN_EVENTREG        WHERE     ICDN_EVENTREG.USER_ID =
$1 AND ICDN_EVENTREG.PASSWORD = $2    ;' LANGUAGE SQL

The table structure is as follows

CREATE TABLE ICDN_EVENTREG  (  USER_ID VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL ,   PASSWORD
VARCHAR(16) ,   EMAIL VARCHAR(80) ,  DEPARTMENT VARCHAR(30) ,   FIRST_NAME
VARCHAR(30) ,  LAST_NAME VARCHAR(30) ,    DESIGNATION VARCHAR(30) ,  TYPE
VARCHAR(15) ,  STATUS VARCHAR(15) DEFAULT 'Pending') ;

So kindly guide us how to pass values to the $1,$2 in WHERE clause through
our java beans and also how to execute this function in the pgAdmin II

Thanking in anticipation

Sandeep Chibber

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: